PDA

View Full Version : Revit 7 Book

sjsl
2005-05-04, 06:51 PM
Does anyone remember the thread, or maybe thats my problem, about a R7 book due out by someone from Purdue University. I can't remember whether or not it was from another web site.

Thanks.

samuelsonlarry
2005-05-04, 07:32 PM
The book is from CADCIM Technologies WWW.cadcim.com

raeburnmark
2005-05-04, 10:13 PM
What do you think about this book? I have downloaded the sample chapters but haven't had time to look at them yet.

samuelsonlarry
2005-05-05, 07:51 PM
This book is for the new user which I am. Its elementary and doesn't go any further than the tutorials included with Revit. but it is nice not to be flipping screens constantly. Something to do with my short term memory.

Joef
2005-05-05, 08:07 PM
Revit 8.0 now has a users guide. I haven't received my cd yet so I am not sure if it comes with it, but it is available here:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=5107070
Printing it here in Victoria cost around $50.00 Cdn.(tax. incl.)

Joe

cosmickingpin
2005-05-05, 08:34 PM
The CADCIM one and it is a good intro to Revit and is fairly readable BUT:
Right on the cover it sayd "Free teaching resources for faculity
1.Customizable PowerPoint presentations of all chapters in this book.
2.instructor;'s guide with solutions to all review questions and exercises in the book.
3.All models used in tutortials and exercises."

That's three promises right on the cover and guess what? Nothing, none of those things exist and they will not venture a guess (even a wild one- next year, five years...nothing) as to when it will come into existence. I bought the book to get my hands on that stuff (cause it would make my life a heck of a lot easier) and so far nothing!, just a one line email telling me that someday in the future the things promised on the cover of the book will someday exist. So here's a freaking idea! how about not putting things on the cover of your book unless they are true!!? but that's just me... They have AUTODESK 's logo right on the cover as an authorized agent. Wouldn't putting lies and empty promises on the cover of your book be something like fraud?

PS... a coworker teaches computer drafting at a local community college and we were going to use this material to develop a syllabus... so that faculty issue is not the problem...

This book is for the new user which I am. Its elementary and doesn't go any further than the tutorials included with Revit. but it is nice not to be flipping screens constantly. Something to do with my short term memory.

patricks
2005-05-05, 09:58 PM
Yeah shortly after I came on board here last year, we printed the entire Revit tutorial from 6.1. Nearly 500 pages printed double sided. :o It's nice having a multi-function laser printer/copier/fax machine at the office.