PDA

View Full Version : Tip: Reloading Worksets before STC?

Wes Macaulay
2005-05-04, 09:46 PM
With some of the monster projects that we're undertaking right now, saves to central can take time, and while you're at it, no one else can access the central file.

One thing that I've suggested to help with this is reloading latest worksets (RW). Since it appears that the central file is not written to during this process, the local file is brought into closer alignment with the central file. Then when the save to central takes place, there's less reconciliation to be done and the STC takes less time.

Does this make sense? Good tip? Technically incorrect?

Ilya, Lev, anyone... am I on the right track here?

valerian.amalric
2005-05-05, 12:31 AM
I just can tell u that I perfectly agree with your tip!!!

irwin
2005-05-05, 02:21 AM
STC internally does a Reload Latest if one is needed, using the same code as the Reload Latest command. It shouldn't lock the central file or start writing to it until the internal Reload Latest is done. So, for the user to do a Reload Latest immediately before doing a STC should not be any help. If you find it actually helps, then you should report that as a bug, because it shouldn't ;-).

Mr Spot
2005-05-05, 03:18 AM
We've experienced times where a save to central will not work. Yet if we do a reload latest first then save to central it works...?

Wes Macaulay
2005-05-06, 01:05 AM
I've seen that a few times as well. Maybe the RW helps Revit reconcile the two files so that STC is more likely to succeed...

Thanks for the insight, Irwin!