PDA

View Full Version : naming "views" in the browser - keeping it organised

k.armstrong
2005-05-05, 02:27 PM
Hi everyone - well my first project is going along verrrryyyy sssslllllloooowwwww

anyway I'm now starting to get a few "views" in the browser in the floor plans

I am wondering how people are dealing with this - I've searched and only come up with a few threads that didn't really explain what I'm wondering

Now i have an existing building that is being renovated
so i have existing plans, then the "sketch" plans of the design, now I'm moving to preliminary construction drawings.

So what I'd like to know is how are people dealing with keeping this all organised and legible - coming from ADT i am used to having little folders that say "sketch design" and all the sketch design drawings are in that folder - its a bit more complicated but i guess you get my gist

I've followed Beegee's little tutorial on creating shared parameter for the "view" and organising browser by that - but Revit is telling me i can't have two views called the same thing (i have level 1 in the existing and want level 1 in the proposed)

Its more for the sketch to contract drawings stage that i want to separate

Scott D Davis
2005-05-05, 03:07 PM
Call the views:

Existing Level 1
Proposed Level 1

You started to name them like this in your example. They can be the exact same view, just a different name.

luigi
2005-05-05, 03:09 PM
Aaron had, I think, a quite good naming convention....long names can be a problem in the long run....Aaron, are you out there?