PDA

View Full Version : Plots dropping 'tiles'

bowlingbrad
2005-05-05, 03:06 PM
When we plot some 'larger' graphic images to our printers, we loose information. EXCEPT if we print to file and copy the file to the printer through the command prompt! We have spoken to support and get the 'it must be an outdated driver' or the 'the printer is running out of memory' stories. I don't buy it. :-x We output MUCH larger files to these printers and plotters through other programs WITH NO LOSS OF IMAGE DATA. I have attached scans of the printed output for an example. We use HP8500, HP1055, HP5si. These images are 8-1/2"x11" plots to the HP1055. The view is at 150dpi. This same view has virtually identical results to the HP8500. The drivers are up to date. The printers have full memory. They are also set to the max timeout. We have tried using the 'process in computer' option with the 1055. It took so long that we just cancelled. The file copy was a faster workaround. Anyone out there have/had/solved these issues?

luigi
2005-05-05, 03:11 PM
Have/Had, but not solved the issue, I just got lucky at times, by restarting the computer and plotting to raster, instead of vector, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't....it sure is a Revit thing, for we also would print more information with no problems.....

gordolake
2005-05-05, 03:18 PM
Hi, This happened to us today it was from A1 pdf files created from Revit 7 of shaded, shadowed elevations.

Very annoying when you finally produce the CD Pdfs only to find they wont print properly.

Have not had a chance to track down the problem yet.
HP5000 with Jet Direct on network.

I will check sending to A3 printer or direct print from revit tomorrow.
Steve.

Scott D Davis
2005-05-05, 04:10 PM
Had a client the other day, sent her some PDFs of the plans. She called me up "You are missing a light over the sink." so I opened the model...hmm...no, the light is there. Opened the PDF....light gone!