PDA

View Full Version : Trim command, only able to select one line at a time

sherflor
2005-05-05, 07:13 PM
My trim seems to be off. When I try to select two lines to trim Cad will only let me select 1 line at a time. However if I use my shift key and click on an additional line then I can select two lines at a time. Is there some kind of setting for the trim command?

BrenBren
2005-05-05, 07:23 PM
Just a quick note - I have moved this thread from the Customization thread to the AutoCAD General Thread, as I believe it will be better served here.

JASONM30395
2005-05-05, 07:29 PM
is your PICKADD set to 1?

amy.stuart
2005-05-05, 09:20 PM
In your Options dialog box look under your Selection Tab. and in the Selection Modes area (bottom left side) there is an option for "use shift to add to selection" make sure that is unchecked.

Hope that helps.

sherflor
2005-05-10, 07:04 PM
Wow, it turns out that in options, selection, the "use shift to add to selections" was on. By deselecting this option I was able to use my mouse and select more then one line to trim. This is a new one for me.

BrenBren
2005-05-10, 07:34 PM
Wow, it turns out that in options, selection, the "use shift to add to selections" was on. By deselecting this option I was able to use my mouse and select more then one line to trim. This is a new one for me.

For some silly reason, Autodesk decided to put a pickadd toggle in the properties dialog box starting with AutoCAD 04 (I think). If you look at your properties dialog box, it is the square with a + in it. If you use your properties dialog box to select items, it is very easy to accidently hit that button and not even realized you had done it.