PDA

View Full Version : Phase & Phase Filter

Lashers
2005-05-05, 07:57 PM
Does anyone know how I can semi-globally change my phase & phase filter settings?

In the initial stages of most of my jobs I have to draw up the existing building first, what I would like to do is:-

Select all the "say" floor levels and change them all to the "Existing" phase , once that is done and I move onto doing the design proposal, I would like to change them all to "New Construction" and Phase Filter to "Previous & New"

The answer could be staring me in the face . .

Cheers

ejburrell67787
2005-05-05, 11:21 PM
when you model stuff you set it's phase... so surely you model all existing stuff on existing, then model all new stuff on current etc. otherwise select everything you want to change and you should be able to change properties in one go since phase is a common property. (Or filter selection to just change floors for eg)

Is this what you mean? Or were you asking something else? :?

Merlin
2005-05-05, 11:52 PM
Does anyone know how I can semi-globally change my phase & phase filter settings?

In the initial stages of most of my jobs I have to draw up the existing building first, what I would like to do is:-

Select all the "say" floor levels and change them all to the "Existing" phase , once that is done and I move onto doing the design proposal, I would like to change them all to "New Construction" and Phase Filter to "Previous & New"

The answer could be staring me in the face . .

Cheers

hmmm...I'm not sure of what you mean either but you might want to select "Show complete" in the phase filter of the View Properties...it will show the existing that is remaining and the new together.....You might want to juggle this with your Phase settings (this comes under the "Tools" pulldown menu
HTH
John Mc

Lashers
2005-05-06, 11:14 AM
What I would like to do, is draw the existing building under the "existing" phase setting, then when I move on to the "new construction" phase to pick all the project browser items I need (floor levels/ elevations/3d view) in one go and change the phase settings - as opposed to doing them one at a time.

A bit like if I wanted to pick a wall, 3 doors and a window at the same time and change their phase.

Does that make sense? Been working 20hrs the last couple of days, so sorry if I am being confusing . . My wife thinks I am having an affair with Revit! ha

ejburrell67787
2005-05-06, 11:48 AM
What I would like to do, is draw the existing building under the "existing" phase setting, then when I move on to the "new construction" phase to pick all the project browser items I need (floor levels/ elevations/3d view) in one go and change the phase settings - as opposed to doing them one at a time.
Am I right in thinking you want to change the VIEW settings on several views at once, not the phase settings on modelled elements? In which case I don't know if you can.

Wouldn't you be better off duplicating the views for your new drawings though so that you maintain an 'existing' set and create a new 'proposed' set?

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-05-06, 12:48 PM
Get V8 you can do just that. Select any view hold ctrl or shift and add views to your list. right click and properties!! and change parameters

ejburrell67787
2005-05-06, 01:00 PM
OK that sounds excellent... hope this is the miracle answer you were waiting for Lashers!!

E

Lashers
2005-05-06, 01:38 PM
Get V8 you can do just that. Select any view hold ctrl or shift and add views to your list. right click and properties!! and change parameters
Many thanks Zeds! I just did that and "poof" problem sorted! Thank you thank you

Elrond - Re your suggestion about having Existing & Proposed views! Do this as my next stage. At this stage I am just running up design options for initial client meetings, I find it easier from a workflow point of view not to have too many views on screen. When I "freeze" the design for planning and am setting up the sheets, then I break them into duplicates. This multiple pick will be the perfect solution.

Cheers & thanks