PDA

View Full Version : referencing detail views?

patricks
2005-05-05, 10:19 PM
I have an enlarged plan detail callout on a floor plan that was created as a detail view. When I try to do another similar callout and reference that view, I don't see any detail views in the list of other view to reference. It only lists drafting and floor plan views. Is there no way to reference a detail view? This is v7 btw.

Haden
2005-06-23, 03:11 PM
I recently ran across what I think is the same situation as you are describing. The respose from subscription support was that this is a known limitation, which hopefully will be addressed.

I think it's definitely a bad limitation, as there are bound to be many instances where you want to bubble a detail in more than one location on a plan. However, I guess the workaround is to do the callout as a plan callout rather than a detail plan callout. This means only that it will show up in the list with the floor plans in your browser, depending on how you have your browser organized for views. The scale and all other view settings can certainly be set the same as if the new view was actually a "detail" callout.

Haden
2006-05-03, 04:39 PM
Has anyone checked to see if Revit 9.0 fixed this glitch? I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but we always have Wes McCauley's solution to fall back on:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=35295&highlight=customizing+project+browser