PDA

View Full Version : Revit 6 and ADLM

kenc.144978
2003-12-19, 10:29 PM
Hi everyone!

Here is my situation. I have had ADLM running for a while in a redundant server model, and I use both VIZ and ADT with it. When I initially set it up I was having trouble with one of the three servers being able to communicate with the other 2 servers, after fighting with it for some time I found that if I changed the default port on all three servers from 27005 to 29005, like magic it all started to work. I also had to modify the LICPATH.LIC file on the client end, but it all worked and has been working beautifully for months. Then along came Revit 6.0!

I got my new revit license file, added it to my existing file for the servers, reread the license and everything seems fine, but I have found that if I install Revit 6.0 on a machine that is not running the network version of ADT it can't find the license server?? I think it has to do with my port number change but Revit does not appear to use LICPATH.LIC file like ADT and VIZ. How can I get the two machines with this problem to work?

I'd rather not have to change the port number back to 27005, because I'll still have the problem I had before on the server and I'll have to change the LICPATH.LIC on every machine.

thanks

-k

LRaiz
2003-12-19, 10:42 PM
I don't think the problem has anything to do with the port number. I suspect it has everything to do with your 6.0 licensing file. How did you get it? Are you sure this is not the file for 5.1L? Did you recieve subscription email from Autodesk with instructions on how to enable network licensing of your Revit 6.0? If not I suggest waiting for this email.

LR

kenc.144978
2003-12-19, 11:12 PM
Now that you mention it, it probably is for 5.1L! I just got a new license file from the register.autodesk.com website.

Has anyone recieved the secret e-mail? how long before it's supposed to come?

It's like getting a toy for Christmas that needs batteries and you didn't get any :P

I'll quit fighting it and just wait for some word from Autodesk.

thanks

Happy Hollidays!

-k

beegee
2003-12-19, 11:25 PM
No email here yet.

Many offices are closing for the Christmas holidays so I hope this doesn't cause problems with the 30 day R6.0 temporary licence.