PDA

View Full Version : "Save Loaded Family to Library" So What?

narlee
2005-05-06, 01:18 PM
Anyone understand the utility of this? If it's a loaded family, isn't it already saved to library? I know I'm missing something basic here. Please help the slow of wit (me).

Also, for some reason, I thought Revit 8.0 was going to have the ability to save in-place families to library, which it says it cannot, but that WOULD be useful as H-E-Double Hockey Sticks.

Thanks,
Geof Narlee.

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-05-06, 01:32 PM
Prior to V8 the only way to edit a family from a project ( lets say the project is not yours and the family was created elsewhere, or you are like me whose filing system sucks and cant remember where you saved the family.) was to save the family to the library and then edit it.

narlee
2005-05-06, 01:45 PM
Well yes, Zeds, my filing system can be "problematic (!!), but you know, Revit 7.0 has that same File/Save To Library thing - I just hadn't paid it any attention, but thanks for the tip - that's helpful.

Geof.

Scott D Davis
2005-05-06, 03:26 PM
Or, I could send you our 'template' with a bunch of stuff loaded into it, without sending you all the individual families. Then you could save them out to your own directories.

PaulB
2005-05-06, 09:28 PM
Scott,

Very kind of you to offer !

Paul

narlee
2005-05-07, 03:12 AM
I'm all set, thanks Scott.