PDA

View Full Version : Help to create wall endcap

E-Key
2005-05-06, 04:15 PM
Can anybody advice how to create angle endcap for 2-component wall like on sketch?

____________ -outside
/
|____________
|____________
-inside

Thank you.

daniel.hurtubise70031
2005-05-06, 04:39 PM
Not sure i understand your sketch but worst case use edit cut profile

E-Key
2005-05-06, 06:41 PM
In my sketch a plan view of wall is shown and I need to make a chamfer at the and of wall.

____________ -outside
/
|____________
|____________
-inside

daniel.hurtubise70031
2005-05-06, 07:38 PM
Something like this ?

E-Key
2005-05-06, 07:52 PM
Sorry, but I can't see changed plan profile in 3D view.

daniel.hurtubise70031
2005-05-06, 08:18 PM
So you need to see it in 3D ?

E-Key
2005-05-06, 08:22 PM
Exactly! I need to create a concrete panel with chamfers by perimeter. Horizontal chamfers I create with wall sweeps, but don't know how to create vertical ones.

beegee
2005-05-06, 10:44 PM
Model a void blend to the profile you need to cut the wall.

E-Key
2005-05-06, 10:47 PM
Sorry, I need endcaps on the ends of wall, not in the opening.

bowlingbrad
2005-05-06, 10:57 PM
Create reveal profile (shown below as a right triangle)
Load into project
Modelling>Host Sweep>Wall Reveal>Properties (make your reveal)
Select Vertical
Place at wall end.

ONE THING TO WATCH OUT FOR: If you want to move the end of the wall:
Go to the plan
Move reveal away from end of wall
Align the edge of the reveal to the end of the wall
THEN drag the end of the wall

beegee
2005-05-06, 10:58 PM
Same deal. Use a void extrusion to cut the profile

E-Key
2005-05-06, 11:37 PM
Same deal. Use a void extrusion to cut the profileI tried to use void, but I can create void element only inside family. After finishing family creation void element doesn't contact with a wall. May be I can't understand something in Revit.

knurrebusk
2005-05-06, 11:44 PM
I tried to use void, but I can create void element only inside family. After finishing family creation void element doesn't contact with a wall. May be I can't understand something in Revit.

Have you tried to make a wall reveal family/profile?

Will cut any profile vertical/horizontal in a wall I hope :)
If not I´m reaching bedtime.

E-Key
2005-05-06, 11:53 PM
A vertical reveal is almost all I want to have. But I spend a half an hour trying to align vertical reveal with a wall end and don't have the result. Can anybody suggest how to do that? Please.

beegee
2005-05-06, 11:58 PM
Just make an in-place void family, remembering to tell the void to cut the wall before completing the family.

knurrebusk
2005-05-07, 12:12 AM
A vertical reveal is almost all I want to have. But I spend a half an hour trying to align vertical reveal with a wall end and don't have the result. Can anybody suggest how to do that? Please.

Have you tried to roughly settle the reveal first!, then use the align tool in plan view !

E-Key
2005-05-07, 12:15 AM
Now I can create a chamfer as a reveal and a void family element with your help (thanks everybody). Also I'd like to connect this chamfer to the wall end. Align command and moving element to the end for the lock don't have effect. Any ideas?

E-Key
2005-05-07, 12:16 AM
Have you tried to roughly settle the reveal first!, then use the align tool in plan view !
Yes, I tried and had no success. :(

knurrebusk
2005-05-07, 12:23 AM
Also tried to tab/toggle the end cap of the wall before you align!
Not the entire wall?

beegee
2005-05-07, 12:24 AM
You can align and lock the void profile lines to the wall faces in sketch mode.

Now I can create a chamfer as a reveal and a void family element with your help (thanks everybody). Also I'd like to connect this chamfer to the wall end. Align command and moving element to the end for the lock don't have effect. Any ideas?

E-Key
2005-05-07, 02:53 AM
You can align and lock the void profile lines to the wall faces in sketch mode.
I do the best I can, but can't connect a void element to wall's end face. When I begin to drag a wall end a void chamfer don't move. Here it is my sample file. Could you please explain what to do to fix it?

beegee
2005-05-07, 04:39 AM
Mouse over void family and select.
EDit, tab to select all linework.
Move chained sketch to end of wall.
Align and lock.
Finish sketch, finish family.

E-Key
2005-05-07, 04:57 PM
Mouse over void family and select.
EDit, tab to select all linework.
Move chained sketch to end of wall.
Align and lock.
Finish sketch, finish family.

After you reply I tried to did it again and had a success when I used Reference Plans and parameter "chamfer size". Your algorithm is easier. Now when I received your Revit 8 sample file I guess that the reason why I couldn't follow your advices is my Revit 7.

Thanks to everybody.

sbrown
2005-05-07, 05:18 PM
I would make a generic wall based family, create the void you want in there with height parameters and whatever else you need, then you'll have no problem placing it and copying it.

E-Key
2005-05-07, 10:19 PM
I would make a generic wall based family, create the void you want in there with height parameters and whatever else you need, then you'll have no problem placing it and copying it.
Thanks. It's one more way to create a chamfer. And it works. I have just one problem in this way: I can't lock chamfer at the end of the wall and have this chamfer at the wall end when I drag the wall end point.