PDA

View Full Version : XP Service Pack 2 and Revit 8 over a Network

cgrover
2005-05-08, 03:29 AM
Has anyone had any problems with Revit 8, XP Service Pack 2 and shared files over a network? I'm having an issue which only appears to happen with Revit 8 and not with say Xcel or Word. I have two computers, both running SP2; one machine acts as a server with all data files located on it. The data files are marked to be shared and security and permissions have been set to allow both users the ability to access and modify the data files. With Revit 8 the files from the non-server machine always appear as Read-Only. Know matter how many times we uncheck Read-Only it always wants to go back to it. It should be noted that this is with both machines having Firewall turned off. This has been very frusturating and any help would be greatly appreciated.

grover

gordolake
2005-05-09, 09:40 AM
Yes similar strange network issues here also.

Found removal of auto update kb885250 fixed it.

I would still check the net for your specific problem as i haven't seen if microsoft have address this.

But try here http://forum.iamnotageek.com/history/topic.php/817058-1.

Good luck

Steve

cgrover
2005-05-10, 04:33 AM
I'll look into this...anyone else have any suggestions?

grover

Chad Smith
2005-05-10, 06:01 AM
I'm sure you've heard about people all over the world having nothing but problems (myself included) with XP SP2. While it may, or may not fix your situation, I wouldn't be running SP2 to start with.

khomburg
2005-05-10, 07:43 PM
Have you checked both the NTFS level permissions and share level permissions? Both of them have to be set correctly for it to work..