PDA

View Full Version : How to insert an isloated window (not in a wall)

kimheaver
2005-05-08, 11:52 PM
I want to insert a louvre window between two columns hence no wall to select, how is it done?

Thanks,
Kim Heaver

beegee
2005-05-09, 12:36 AM
There's more than one way of doing this, but for simplicity - try this.

An interesting fact about a standard hosted window family is that you can place the window in a wall and then reduce the extents of the wall host , so that the wall is wholly within the window cut and the wall will be " invisible" ( cut ) and the window will remain.

Give it a try.

This way, you can still schedule and number your windows.

Otherwise, you will need to convert your existing window to a non-hosted family and place that..

zanzibarbob7
2005-05-09, 12:52 AM
BeeGee,

I have to comment here. You are forever a source of amazment to me and I'm sure others. If there is a way to do things in Revit you, almost surely, have the answer. It is wonderful to have you around. Plus I like your avatar. I'm just recharging the battery in my K100RT BMW and will be out as soon as the rain lets up.

kimheaver
2005-05-09, 01:16 AM
Thanks beegee,

I'm going to brick up to sill level, so that will work just fine.

Thanks for your help,

Kim

beegee
2005-05-09, 02:32 AM
Thanks Thomas,

Nice bike - I guess you've had it " winterised " , hence the flat battery - ;)

BeeGee,

I have to comment here. You are forever a source of amazment to me and I'm sure others. If there is a way to do things in Revit you, almost surely, have the answer. It is wonderful to have you around. Plus I like your avatar. I'm just recharging the battery in my K100RT BMW and will be out as soon as the rain lets up.