PDA

View Full Version : Keyed Schedules & Transfer Project Settings

SCShell
2005-05-09, 02:12 PM
Hey there,

Question. Why can't I copy, via "transfer project settings", a keyed schedule. I just get an error message saying, "Can't copy selected item" without any further explanation.

I did these in a project and I then wanted to copy/transfer them into my standard office template for all future project scheduling. (Hardware, finishes etc.) I think it may have to do with the added parameters I have which I set to be project specific rather than shared. (It is the option within "add parameters" while picking your new parameter's name, type, yes/no or text, etc. screen, if I remember correctly.)

If this is it, can I just go back and edit those to be shared and will that allow me to transfer them into my template.

As a footnote, I did a test and successfully copied a keyed schedule from one project to another via copy/paste while in sheet views; however, it had no new parameters added, just the 'out of the box' fields selected.

Any help will be appreciated.
Steve

D_Driver
2005-05-09, 05:54 PM
Hey steve,
give this a try
in the source project, start a drafting view
add one each of each key you want to use
copy these into a drafting view of the target project or template

and then...copy and paste the schedule from a sheet on the source to a sheet in the target project

SCShell
2005-05-10, 12:43 PM
Hi David,
Thanks, I will give this a try and let you know. One question though, the first step is to create a detail view in both the source and template and create a generic key schedule with one field selected (Does this field need to be an added parameter?) Then, actually copy/paste my real key schedules from/to sheet views?

I guess I am a little confused. (What's new!)
Steve

SCShell
2005-05-11, 12:54 PM
Thanks David.
It did work. I also copied over all of my regular schedules with just the normal cut/paste from the clipboard while in sheet views.

Thanks
Steve