PDA

View Full Version : copying lines

mwittens83539
2005-05-10, 10:18 AM
Hi there,

I'm trying to copy lines from a level to another level. If I do so it doesn't work the view settings are set the same. and I still ca'n't see the copied lines.

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-05-10, 10:51 AM
Could be a number of issues. starting with.. are lines on, in your other level (visibility graphics). have you used lines or detailed lines? Lines will be hidden by things like floor slabs or any solid geometery. Detailed lines are always on top or visible over geometry.

Phil Palmer
2005-05-10, 11:21 AM
Another possible issue is that you have copied it to an acvtive Workset that is invisible (turned off) in the view you have copied them to. This is only the case for 'model' lines as detail lines will be assigned to the view workset.

mwittens83539
2005-05-10, 11:36 AM
Hi zeds,
the visibilty is set well.
But if I copy the lines they will have the same settings as the 'mother' lines, won't they?
because the to copy lines have an offset below the floorslab. and I'm working in my ceiling plans. Ans if this isn't so how can I make the lines detaillines? they are placed in a group.

greets Maarten

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-05-10, 11:59 AM
Redraw. Fortunately it is grouped so edit one group redraw lines with detail lines, finish group and all will update!
There is a tick box in the lines properties, but this serves only to indicate whether they are lines or detail lines. I WISH it were as simple as being able to toggle this switch!!!

mwittens83539
2005-05-11, 07:33 AM
for some reason I can't draw lines while editing the group.
I also can't join already drawn detail lines to the group.

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-05-11, 07:41 AM
aahhh sorry, draw the lines first then edit the group then add to group.

mwittens83539
2005-05-11, 07:46 AM
this won't work either for some reason i can't select the drawn detail lines (drawing in 7) to add this to the group I can only select all "touchable" things

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-05-11, 10:25 AM
Mwittens. I apologies. I have been working blind. In edit group there is an attach detail button. This will allow you to add detail components or detail lines!! This will definitely work now.