PDA

View Full Version : Attribute Extraction Template File

hydestone2002
2005-05-10, 09:46 PM
I am using AutoCAD LT 2006 and am trying to extract attributes for some points. I cannot figure out how to create a template file though. Can anybody explain this to me?

Wanderer
2005-12-26, 07:03 PM
I am using AutoCAD LT 2006 and am trying to extract attributes for some points. I cannot figure out how to create a template file though. Can anybody explain this to me?not an lt user but chiming in anyway,
I haven't created a template manually since using 2002 (painful to say the least).
going through the attribute extraction wizard, I pick the blocks and set up the options, then on the last page I get a message that says 'if you want to save your settings for future extraction use, click Save Template' button. which creates a filetype .blk.
Do you get that wizard in LT as well?

Mike.Perry
2006-01-04, 08:49 PM
Do you get that wizard in LT as well?Hi

As far as I know, AutoCAD LT 2006 does not come with the EAttExt command ( RE: Attribute Extraction ).

Have a good one, Mike

Wanderer
2006-01-04, 09:13 PM
Hi

As far as I know, AutoCAD LT 2006 does not come with the EAttExt command ( RE: Attribute Extraction ).

Have a good one, MikeGotcha, thanks for confirming my doubt.
So, sorry, hydestone, will have to wait for a real LT user to chime in. :(

tyshofner
2006-01-05, 09:15 PM
Nope, no enhanced attribute editor in LT but, you can write a template file. If you have LT you should be able to search the Help for "block attributes". This should bring up the topic "Extract Block Attribute Data". You will get all the info you need from that topic. Don't let it scare you though it just "looks" complicated once you actually create one it will be pretty easy. If you need help just let me know.

Ty :mrgreen: