PDA

View Full Version : colour fill and departments

Max Lloyd
2005-05-11, 08:58 AM
Hi guys,

silly one for you. I have created a plan, put room tags into the rooms and assigned departments that correlate to a colour fill. Hoowever, I want to re-name one of the departments and can not find where to do it?

thanks,

Max.

luigi
2005-05-11, 09:20 AM
Have you tried editing the room tag? It should be there.

Max Lloyd
2005-05-11, 11:37 AM
I've tried that, but alll it does is create a new department whereas what I want to do is rename the department.

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-05-11, 12:02 PM
Max in the room tag properties. ensure the department name is HIGHLIGHTED, to rename it. otherwise it will just create a new department

Max Lloyd
2005-05-11, 12:35 PM
I've tried that, same result. A new department is added.

I'm selecting a room tag, going to its properties, then under the list of 'parameters', I am reading department, alongside that under 'value' I currently have 'bathroom'. When I select it, it highlights, so I then type in 'wet room' and hit ok. That is creating a new department.

I would have thought there should be a list somewhere? There is on the colour fill itself (when you try to edit it) but the names of department are all greyed out therefore non-editable?

aggockel50321
2005-05-11, 12:43 PM
Make sure all instances (rooms) using the department name you want to dissappear have been changed to the new department name.

Once they have, the old department name will dissappear from the list.

luigi
2005-05-11, 12:43 PM
The list is always active, what I mean by that is that the moment that a name for a department doesn't exist, it will not show in the list. So now the question is how to change it once for all the tags with that department....
Go to the schedule and show the schedule with ALL of the rooms (no filters, show all phase) to be sorted through the department with NO "Itemized every instance" checked, then you can change the department once and the old department name will disappear....