PDA

View Full Version : RH / LH Doors

glen.85659
2005-05-11, 09:17 AM
Is it possible to insert a door so that it realises whether it is LH or RH? In other words is it possible to make the door "clever"? I am working on a huge apartment block and now need to schedule which doors are Lh & RH. I really do not want to have to sift through my project and have to type the parameter into my properties.

I was thinking that maybe it could be linked to the "flip" arrow.

Any thoughts are welcome

juha-pekka.rindell
2005-05-11, 10:06 AM
I don't have the answer but I have to solve this problem also.
Have not studied yet, but I was considering if it is possible to solve using nested families. The swing symbols (L or R) would come from the nested family and then reported as a part of the door schedule ?

Gadget Man
2005-05-12, 08:02 AM
That is, unless you are OK with having two copies of every door family - one named as LH, the other as RH. It adds up to your family library (and number of loaded families), but it is the simplest solution - untill somebody comes up with a purpose made "smart" family. that recognises being "flipped"...

Phil Palmer
2005-05-12, 09:09 AM
Handing has been an issue for us on many occasions.
And have had to revert to 2 families to achieve correct ordering of certain FF&E equipment in our schools projects.
Its a shame that using the Revit functionality to flip/hand a family does not help us out in the instance of R/H or L/H desks

And to be DEAD certain the users placed the correct desks we added the TEXT !