PDA

View Full Version : Exporting to JPEG error

philipnoland
2005-05-11, 05:14 PM
I am trying to export to JPEG. Nothing fancy, no materials, just a black and white with shading. The error message reads:

" Failed to export. Please reduce image size"

- first I tried to reduce the size by selecting my crop boundery and editing it ( I have been successful at keeping the size at 11x 17 before) however not now.
- then I tried reducing the pixel dimensions in the "export to jpeg" window. I still get the error message

Is there something I am missing? I feel like I have reduced the image everyway possible
I need crisp lines in the jpeg file and cannot settle for thick black lines. Any solutions to this.

I have been succesful at exporting to jpeg before. I had no hitches and was able to really boost the pixels for finer lines, however I don't know what is going on or what I have done differently than before.

Thoughts
Philip

luigi
2005-05-11, 05:39 PM
Can you screen capture the Export image Window and post it....it might help I tried exporting an image using 600dpi to jpg using jpg lossless without errors...so it sounds like it might be a problem with your actual file....nonetheless a screen capture will help...

philipnoland
2005-05-11, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the tip.
In the midst of my messing around with settings I found that I was increasing the vertical pixels to a size I wished the horizontal pixels to be in the "export to jpeg" thus making the horizontal pixels that much bigger. So far I was successful in this approach. However, I may have further problems.

philipnoland
2005-05-11, 05:56 PM
Alright! Not really sure whats going on but its working now. If anyone has this problem I am not sure what the solution is but maybe someone out there does.

Thanks