PDA

View Full Version : Section through round room

jogwynn1845
2003-12-22, 07:56 PM
I have a round room in this project I'm working in. I ran a section through the middle of it. As long as I view the section in course detail level, it looks good. If I view it in medium or fine detail level, it shows what looks like the exterior elevation of the wall. I've redrawn the wall and I've recut the section. I've also moved the section cut. Nothing seems to make this look right.

I can open up a new file and mimic the round room and section cut and it works fine there. I'm guessing it's a bug within my project file. Has anyone had this happen to them? I've attached two image files of what's showing up on my screen.

I'm in schematics, so I guess I'm glad it's happening now instead of cd's.

PeterJ
2003-12-22, 08:12 PM
Looks as though your visibility settings are somehow not set to show wall surface patterns in coarse mode but set to show them in fine. Fiddle with your settings under view visibility or look at whether you can alter the far cut plane to get the view as you wish it.

jogwynn1845
2003-12-22, 08:29 PM
The fine detail view is not even showing the cut through the round wall or the roof. It's showing everything in section except for the round wall, and that's the view of the elevation from the exterior 30' away from the section cut. If I turn off the surface patterns, it still does not cut through the roof or the wall.

The section cut line is going through the center of the round room btw.

Nic M.
2003-12-22, 08:44 PM
I think I had a similar problem with a section trough a round wall.
Can it be that your wall has vertical properties?
If so, experiment with that type of wall. Start with removing all vertical components and check your section. Add a vertical component and check again.
Sorry I'm not able to give you more explanation but thats how I solved it, trial and error. Hope it helps

See also http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=934&highlight=

PeterJ
2003-12-22, 09:25 PM
Can you post a plan showing how the section cuts and what it is looking towards?

jogwynn1845
2003-12-22, 09:35 PM
Certain wall types will allow it to be cut and certain ones show up incorrectly. Compound, non-compound doesn't seem to matter. Weird.

Here's the floor plan.

PeterJ
2003-12-22, 09:54 PM
I see the problem you describe now. I don't have any help to offer.

Have you tried alternate section lines? Perpendicular to the one you have drawn for example?

jogwynn1845
2003-12-22, 10:15 PM
yes... the only thing that I've found to help is to change the wall type.