PDA

View Full Version : Letting someone View and "redline" My Dwgs

bata212.42467
2005-05-12, 01:30 PM
I have ADT 2006 and a New client.
I would like him to be able to view the Dwgs and make comments on changes to it.
Now he has to drive to my site to do this and it takes time to go back and fourth.
I would like him only to make one trip to pick up the Dwgs. He has no CAD background.
I have tried to save them as BMP but they are to blurry for him to read.
Thanks
RK

Wanderer
2005-05-12, 01:33 PM
I have ADT 2006 and a New client.
I would like him to be able to view the Dwgs and make comments on changes to it.
Now he has to drive to my site to do this and it takes time to go back and fourth.
I would like him only to make one trip to pick up the Dwgs. He has no CAD background.
I have tried to save them as BMP but they are to blurry for him to read.
Thanks
RK
I am going to move this thread from the LUG forum as I believe it would be better served here...

clydej
2005-05-12, 02:20 PM
Hey

I would imagine that he at least has some computer experience? What I would recommend is that he download the latest version of DWF Composer (free to download off the Autodesk website). You can send him your drawing as a *.dwf file (using the "save as" option) , he can then view the file and you can telephonically consult about any changes to be made. Alternatively, he can purchase the DWF Composer which will allow him to redline and do markups on your drawing without having access to the drawing.

More info: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5215134

bata212.42467
2005-05-12, 02:54 PM
Thanks
Fixed