PDA

View Full Version : tutorials

shaugh1784
2003-12-22, 10:14 PM
Can I get the tutorials online somewhere w/o downloading revit. I want to do some reading over the holiday, but my wimpy notebook computer at home isn't even fast enough to try an install.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=3640760&linkID=2749633

says you have to install the demo software to view the tutorials. Anybody have a link to them, or any other tutorials that are not visible from autodesk.com revit page under "training"

beegee
2003-12-22, 10:19 PM
Heres the link. (revit.autodesk.com/EN/6_0/Documents/DocumentsEN6_0.htm)

Allen Lacy
2003-12-22, 10:20 PM
You can print them to a PDF file or to DWF file. I use Win2PDF (free download).

(ed :P to beegee)

shaugh1784
2003-12-23, 01:56 PM
Heres the link. (revit.autodesk.com/EN/6_0/Documents/DocumentsEN6_0.htm)

much obliged. 894 pages.. gulp

Melarch
2003-12-23, 03:06 PM
I finished printing out the entire (20,665 kb) tutorial PDF on a HP1700Cp (color inkjet) printer with the double sided attachment. It took the better part of half a day and fortunately I have a electric hole punch that made binding the entire 447 (894 single sided) page tutorial.

It did require a 3" three-ring binder, which is just a little unwielding to stand up for easy viewing, turning the pages is not effortless (but it is one of my day long exercises) and it takes up shelf space like crazy along with not being able to transport it (since it does not fit neatly into my notebook computer brief case. But it is superior to trying to read the PDF file on the scree while working on the tutorials, and it provides the perfect notation space for corrections, notes and insites adjacent the instructions.

I did the same printing for the 5.0/5.1 tutorials, used Post-It tape flags in assorted colors to organize the sections for easier reference and it was great as I worked through every tutorial.

Well, I won't have to print another master tutorial till 7.0 late next year, so I will have plenty of time to save up another ream of paper and stock in more ink cartridges.

And now my Holiday mesage in poetic format.

From All of Us to All of You.

This time of year brings out good cheer,
For the Holidays and New Year.

So let the festive spirit abound,
And enjoy those loved that are around.

Yet not forget those who cannot be,
Who's love in past brought us glee.

We wish you and your family all ,
The best of the Holidays about to call,

A New Years throughout of good health,
where deeds and love are measured wealth.

That strife and hunger of nations cease,
and all mankind enjoy a millennium of peace.