PDA

View Full Version : Can wall sweeps have their own subcategory?

DanielleAnderson
2005-05-12, 05:56 PM
Is it possible to make wall sweeps their own subcategory? I need to be able to control their line-weight properties independent of the walls.

Thanks.

Allen Lacy
2005-05-12, 06:38 PM
Sure, just create your sub-categories under walls in object styles. You create before create sweep or during.

Mr Spot
2005-05-12, 10:08 PM
This is not true however for wall sweeps embedded into the wall properties... Would be nice if we could do this...

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-05-13, 01:31 PM
Mr Spot. An appology to Allen Lacey is in order. You can put a wall sweep on a wall subcatagory, and control its line weight. Independent of the wall.

jpolding
2005-09-19, 08:43 PM
How do you do this?

Chad Smith
2005-09-19, 09:10 PM
Mr Spot. An appology to Allen Lacey is in order. You can put a wall sweep on a wall subcatagory, and control its line weight. Independent of the wall.
I think Spot is talking about sweeps that are defined in the Structure of a wall, not sweeps place onto a wall after the wall is drawn, in which case I can't see a way either.

Mr Spot
2005-09-19, 11:04 PM
Yeah looks like a worded that pretty badly...

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-09-20, 06:44 AM
This is not true however for wall sweeps embedded into the wall properties... Would be nice if we could do this...

Maybe I should first apologize to Mr Spot for not reading his post carefully enough.

How do you do this?

Create a sub category of walls in "Object Styles"
In "Host Sweep/Wall Sweep" There is a "subcategory" parameter to set the sweep onto.
There by enabling control of its visibility and Line weights