PDA

View Full Version : Using underlay jpg on titleblock

kgclark
2005-05-12, 06:23 PM
I'm trying to use a jpg image as an underlay on a custom titleblock. When I try to place views onto the sheet, however, they go behind the jpg image, leaving only certain elements in view (detail lines and text). Is there a way to change the layering order of the views to bring them in front of the titleblock?

Thanks!

Kevin

Mr Spot
2005-05-12, 10:09 PM
From my experience drawings will always go behind images. I had this same idea for a project once and wanted a fancy watermark on the sheet but no dice...

beegee
2005-05-13, 01:18 AM
If the image is in the title block, the view will go behind it. If the image is placed in sheet view, the model view will go in front of the image.

kgclark
2005-05-15, 01:16 AM
Thanks so much! Adding the JPG to the sheet was the solution I was looking for!

Kevin

patricks
2005-05-17, 02:18 PM
If the image is in the title block, the view will go behind it. If the image is placed in sheet view, the model view will go in front of the image.

Yeah that was really frustrating to me one time when I was trying to add a vicinity map (JPEG from Mapquest) to a site plan. I wanted to put it in a blank spot on the site plan, but the view would always obscure part of the image, so I had to place the image way off to the side of the sheet instead of right next to the site plan like I wanted it. :(

richelleharp
2007-03-16, 03:42 PM
Yeah that was really frustrating to me one time when I was trying to add a vicinity map (JPEG from Mapquest) to a site plan. I wanted to put it in a blank spot on the site plan, but the view would always obscure part of the image, so I had to place the image way off to the side of the sheet instead of right next to the site plan like I wanted it. :(

I need to add a vicinity map to a site plan is this still a problem? Is there a work around for this situation?