PDA

View Full Version : Greyed out plans

neb1998
2005-05-12, 07:13 PM
When i setup MEP drawings for new construction projects its not a problem to add a 3rd phase and create all objects in the MEP drawing set on the extra phase. The idea behind this was to enable me to set the new construction phase to overrride with the correct phase filter and leave the plans greyed out so the MEP is darker...

Is their an easier way to do this without having to increase the lineweight of each element? I would like the plan (walls, windows, doors etc) itself to be lighter on plans such as lighting, mechanical, power, sprinkler, life safety, nurse call, etc etc etc and the actual equipment to become darker.

My workaround has worked fine except for renovation projects, 4 phases seem to be hard to negotiate.

luigi
2005-05-12, 07:20 PM
Have you looked into overriding your drawings withing view visibility? You have a choice to override the categories to be halftone or you can change the line color (for both projection and cut) to be a lighter gray....

Problem with doing this??? Maybe it is a problem maybe not, but you will have to print using raster, rather than vector....at least with my printer I need to...

neb1998
2005-05-12, 07:24 PM
Yeah sometimes tha answers are just that simple....I dont know why i didnt think about that, i was thinking it would need to be more of a global setting.

Thanks

luigi
2005-05-12, 07:43 PM
No prob....