PDA

View Full Version : Stacked wall not wrapping properly

m.thomas
2005-05-12, 08:19 PM
I'm inputting a current job into revit as a test and I've attached a pdf file of the wall detail im trying to recreate in revit. All I want in my stacked wall is the footing, and brick wall with a cant brick sweep on top. I'll then draw the curtain wall on top as a separate wall. I managed to create this wall but the wrapping at corners is puzzling me.

I've attached an image and also the *.rvt file if someone could take a quick look and tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd appreciate it.

Finally apart from the wrapping issue, when I try and draw this exterior type wall at foundation level I was getting all sort of warning messages - "Wall is shorter than minimum height allowed by its type.It is 450 and must be at least 500." Whats that about?

I tried changing wall to foundation type, but I'm still no closer to achieving the desired effect.

Thanks in advance for any help.

tamas
2005-05-12, 08:52 PM
This problem is fixed in the latest 8.0 build. See screenshot.

tamas
2005-05-12, 09:00 PM
Finally apart from the wrapping issue, when I try and draw this exterior type wall at foundation level I was getting all sort of warning messages - "Wall is shorter than minimum height allowed by its type.It is 450 and must be at least 500." Whats that about?
I think the message is clear. Your Stacked Wall Type has fixed protions that add up to 500 height. So any instance you are trying to make must be at least this tall.
Apparently when drawn on the foundation level, you are making 450 tall walls.

Tamas

m.thomas
2005-05-12, 09:05 PM
Thank you Tamas for both your helpful comments.

Revit 8 here I come

Mies