PDA

View Full Version : floor plan cut plane - how do you set it?

pfrederico
2005-05-13, 02:13 PM
Here's the following: I'm trying to make an elevator pit, and the problem is that after I set the level for it what I get when trying to see it is the floor plan right above. Why? Probably because my floor plan cuts the model too much above what I needed and since my elevator pit is only 1.1m below the -2 level, that means that I end up seeing the -2 level and not the elevator pit level.

Is there anyway to do this? I tried checking visibility settings and properties but I'm probably missing something...

thanks in advance

neb1998
2005-05-13, 02:24 PM
You need to set the View Cut Plane to the level you are intending to see...or create another level at the level you intend to see and set it as an underlay.

sbrown
2005-05-13, 02:33 PM
This is set in the View Range Dialog box of the View Properties dialog box.

pfrederico
2005-05-13, 02:56 PM
I had already got there. But when I click on view properties for the level I want to control the view range where do I change this setting?

EDIT: ops, I was checking the view range of the elevation view. My bad! Thanks guys!

SkiSouth
2005-05-13, 03:00 PM
I had already got there. But when I click on view properties for the level I want to control the view range where do I change this setting?

In plan view, right click and select view properties (bottom of popup). Scroll down the properties popup until you reach the View Range and Edit button. Select the edit button, now you'll have a Top, Cut plane and bottom Primary range along with a separate view range depth. Set your view depth to be unlimited at first and you're elevator pit should show.

luigi
2005-05-13, 03:24 PM
PFEDERICO!!! How is trying to minimize the amount of work with your sections of the campus? Did that method work? or do you need me to send you an example?

Take care,