PDA

View Full Version : Can't Shrink Viewport

kslover
2005-05-13, 10:30 PM
When I place a new viewport on a sheet it is huge and covers up the other viewports. I thought that adjusting the crop region would help but it doesn't. Does anyone know how to adjust a viewport so that it simply frames the crop region of a view?

iru69
2005-05-13, 10:43 PM
There may be better ways to do this, but...

Go to the view that you want to place on your sheet. Get it just the way you'd like using crop region. Make sure to set the scale correctly. It should look to be the right size even before you place it on your sheet. Go to the sheet you want to place the view on. Drag the view onto the sheet.

Are you saying that doesn't work?

kslover
2005-05-16, 02:54 PM
Yes, for some reason, eventhough I have adjusted the crop region and the scale I still cannot get the viewport to shrink. I keep deleting the view from the sheet and then placing it from the browser again. I think maybe it isn't working because I generated the drawing from an original floor plan. I copied a floor plan with the detailing and then adjusted the crop region to just show the portion that I wanted. The viewport is the same size as the entire floor plan. I think this may be part of the reason I am having this problem. Thank you very much for your help, irusun!

iru69
2005-05-16, 05:14 PM
Goto your sheet. Select the view. Goto menu view>activate view - you should now be able to change the size of the viewport. Is that of any help?

sbrown
2005-05-16, 05:52 PM
I know what your are talking about, its not the actual crop boundaries, its the imaginary space surounding that that is created. Sometimes it has to do with an elevation marker that is far away from you but has its extents passing into your view. I know of no way to get this view smaller. I just tab to get "thru" it to the underlying viewports.

iru69
2005-05-16, 05:55 PM
I know what your are talking about, its not the actual crop boundaries, its the imaginary space surounding that that is created.
Ahh, yes, I've experienced this too. Thanks for clearing that up!

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-05-16, 06:52 PM
Reference planes are also a culprit in this regard. First thing to try is to turn off ref planes, second thing is to look at section markers.

Allen Lacy
2005-05-16, 07:46 PM
Reference planes are also a culprit in this regard. First thing to try is to turn off ref planes, second thing is to look at section markers. Also linked DWG files can cause this.

kslover
2005-05-16, 08:13 PM
This is definitely what I am coming up against! Tabbing to the appropriate viewport does work but is somewhat inconvenient. I was just trying to see if I could make the viewport size more appropriate. I am wondering if making a detail view might allow me to focus on just one part of the floor plan without allowing reference planes, grid lines, section cuts, etc. to enlarge my viewport.