PDA

View Full Version : Copying elements>Design Option to Design Option

zanzibarbob7
2005-05-15, 06:14 PM
I'm working on a few different design options. To save time I would like to copy some of the elements from one design option to another so that I can modify them in the second option. These are different types of pediment but I think it will be quicker to modify the first into the second than create the second from scratch. Can I do this?

irwin
2005-05-15, 09:35 PM
I'm working on a few different design options. To save time I would like to copy some of the elements from one design option to another so that I can modify them in the second option. These are different types of pediment but I think it will be quicker to modify the first into the second than create the second from scratch. Can I do this?
If you want to copy most of the elements from the first option, then create the second option by picking the first option in the list and using Duplicate, rather than New.

If you only want to copy a few of the elements after the second option has been created then:
- Select the elements you want to copy (you might need to edit the first option to get at them).
- Start editing the second option.
- Paste Aligned | Same Place. Since you are editing the second option, the pasted elements will be put in the second option.

zanzibarbob7
2005-05-15, 10:57 PM
Irwin,

Thanks for the reply. It's late Sunday so I'll experiment with it tomorrow. I just knew there had to be a way to do this. I love the design option feature.

Thanks again.

zanzibarbob7
2005-05-16, 09:48 PM
Irwin,

Worked exactly as you said. Now I have one more question. I have four options in one Option Set. I think I should have planned better, but this allows me to view only one Option at a time through the selection process in Visibility /Graphics.

If I create another Option Set, can I move an Option from one Option Set to another, thus giving me another Option to view in one model. If I can't do this what is the best way to correct my situation?

irwin
2005-05-17, 03:10 AM
You can't move the option itself from one option set to another, but you can move all the elements using Paste Aligned | Same Place. It should be pretty easy to select all the elements -- just box-select everything while editing the option.