PDA

View Full Version : Cut Handrail

bclarch
2005-05-16, 04:57 PM
How can I cut the floor mounted handrail and balusters at an angle where it meets the underside of the stringer of the stair above?

bclarch
2005-05-17, 04:33 PM
32 views and no ideas?

luigi
2005-05-17, 04:46 PM
Maybe there is an idea out there and it must be not a quick one so people aren't responding...unfortunetely I don't have a good answer. You cannot cut railing with the cut geometry. What that means you will have to do something a little manual. Either figure out how long the rail can go as it meets the stringer and then do the additional balusters manually as a inplace geometry. It would be nice to be able to create a Void Geometry with the Railing category so we could cut them, but it isn't available....

Steve_Stafford
2005-05-17, 05:05 PM
32 views and no ideas?Deer in the headlights...blank stare like cows looking at a passing train...take your pick. Don't think you'll find any joy with the railing feature itself. That's going to be an in-place family or a separate family that you build specifically for this condition.

luigi
2005-05-17, 05:08 PM
32 views and ... Just so that you know (I found out once) that everytime you (the post starter) views the post the amount of views increases? I found out to on a post nobody was replying to, but the number was increasing.....so, the smart guy I am, I kept visiting it until the numbers of views went so high that it got red....and eventually somebody responded....just don't tell the moderators...please...;)

Steve_Stafford
2005-05-17, 05:13 PM
...just don't tell the moderators...please...;)Too late...

bclarch
2005-05-17, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys. At least I know that I wasn't missing something obvious. Maybe the railings should have an "attach top" "attach bottom" option like walls.