PDA

View Full Version : Concrete Hatch Pattern too light?

Jason
2005-05-16, 06:21 PM
Dear Reviteers

The print out of the concrete hatch pattern is so light that it is not noticable. I would like to make it darker. I have tried to change it in the Materials in the Setting Menu under "Cut Pattern", but the cut pattern color states the setting is already in black. Is there another setting somewhere to darken the hatch pattern.

Thank you in advance,

Jason

iru69
2005-05-16, 11:40 PM
Is there another setting somewhere to darken the hatch pattern.

Kind of unbelievable, but still doesn't look like this is possible through any settings - though there appear to be work-arounds (such as filled regions).

A search of the forums (pattern line weight) turns up lots of requests, ideas, work-arounds, etc. Here's a couple:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=2586&highlight=pattern+line+weight
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=3046&highlight=pattern+line+weight

HTH.

sbrown
2005-05-17, 02:04 PM
Is it set to a grey color? Mine usually prints out darker than I like so I change it to a dark grey color, you may want it black.

Jason
2005-05-17, 03:57 PM
Hi Scott,
My cut pattern color is set at black in the material setting menu. Is there a setting somewhere? I find it difficult to believe that this setting cannot be adjusted.

Thanks for any comment you may have.

J

sbrown
2005-05-17, 06:32 PM
You could try a diff. concrete pattern. I actualy use the same one I used when I used autocad.

dg
2005-05-17, 07:39 PM
Does the black hatch print at the same shade as a black drawing line? What about other hatch patterns - or is it just the concrete hatch?

If so, try importing a different concrete hatch

Have you checked out the overide options for the cut and surface patterns in the visibility settings dialogue box?

Jason
2005-05-18, 07:43 AM
HI DG
The hatch pattern is very faint. It looks almost like it has been screened. The concrete hatching is very small. When it is printed with almost half-toned appearance, it basically disappers within all other information on the drawing. In the settings, it says it is in black. I will try to find an acad concrete pattern. If someone has acad concrete hatch and if it is not too much of trouble, would you please share it with me?

Thank you all for your help.

Jason

dg
2005-05-18, 10:20 AM
Try and change the shade in the visibility properties settings, not the items' properties settings - as this should overide the items settings.

Another thing is to ensure that the print setting is not set for colour.

sbrown
2005-05-18, 01:22 PM
Here are all my hatch patterns, enjoy. Some are model, some are drafting.

SCShell
2005-05-18, 01:57 PM
Scott,
I am always impressed with your knowlege; however, I am also really impressed by your willingness to share!
You are a Revit-Gem!!

On behalf of all of us who have, and will, benifit from your posts....
THANK YOU
Steve

Jason
2005-05-18, 04:29 PM
Scott,
Thank you so much for sharing. You are a REVIT-GEM!

I have downloaded you file and unzipped it. There is only 1 file that is 653KB in size. Is there more than 1 file? How do you bring it down to their individal files? Sorry for asking such a basic questions.

Thanks again.

Jason

Scott D Davis
2005-05-18, 04:47 PM
When making a new pattern in Revit, you can import an individual pattern from the "master" file which can contain all the patterns.

1. go to Settings>Fill Patterns
2. Click on New (after clicking model or drafting radio button for the type you'd liek to create)
3. Click Custom radio button
4. Name the new Pattern
5. Click Import button
6. Browse to find Scott's acad(revit2).pat file, click Open
7. Scroll through the List to find the pattern name you want (Preview will display in window)
8. Change Import Scale if necessary, click OK
9. Click OK again to finish the new Pattern.

Jason
2005-05-18, 05:29 PM
Mr. Davis,
Thank you for your help. Creating a new hatch pattern worked! However, I have tried to change the hatch pattern for the conrete wall. But that didn't not update the concrete wall. I went to the settings and changed the cut pattern for "Conrete-Cast-in-Place" with the new hatch pattern created with the acad hatch pattern from sbrown, but it didn't update the wall itself. I also tried to change it through editing the wall and that didn't work. Any thoughts on that.

Thanks Mr. Brown for this comprehensive list of hatch patterns.

Is there a list of autocad hatch patterns and their respective names?

Jason

sbrown
2005-05-18, 06:04 PM
No list, but there are many great stone hatches for model use, however when you click on the choices they may appear black at first, you need to change the scale to 12 or higher on some of the wlstn, cblstn and names like that are all from stone cad.

any ansi are drafting type. I just loaded them all into my template so I haven't looked at those in a long time.