PDA

View Full Version : ODBC

sjsl
2005-05-17, 06:49 PM
When exporting into ODBC Excel file format, noting showws up in the excel spreadsheet. What am I missing or have not done? I checked the threads but nothing about this. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve_Stafford
2005-05-17, 11:32 PM
When exporting into ODBC Excel file format, noting showws up in the excel spreadsheet. What am I missing or have not done? I checked the threads but nothing about this. Any help would be appreciated.
You need to create an excel file to export to first. Try creating a blank excel file called something like TestExport.xls and then export to odbc choosing the Machine Data Source Tab and then choosing Excel. When you click OK Revit will ask you to pick a file, choose the one you just made. Now open the file with excel, you should find a worksheet for every export category of Revit objects etc...

sjsl
2005-05-18, 03:02 AM
Thanks that did the trick. There is no documentation that would tell someone how to do this. All they give you is Access.

Now to figure out how to use all of this data.

beegee
2005-05-18, 03:05 AM
There is documention on ODBC export in the Help file, but that does neglect to mention that a file must be created before the export.