PDA

View Full Version : Dimension lines?

aliya14
2005-05-18, 08:17 AM
Good day everyone,
I wanted to know can i get the dimensions only and not the dimension lines for presentation drawings.
Regards,
Aliya

beegee
2005-05-18, 08:25 AM
Hi Aliya,

You will need to create a new dimension style in which you set the colour of the dimension lines to white.

aliya14
2005-05-18, 08:43 AM
Thanx Beegee,
It would be nice of u if u could also tell me if i want a particular wall of a different colour...how can i do this,.
Regards,
Aliya

beegee
2005-05-19, 01:31 AM
If you mean a wall in shaded view in an elevation or 3D view, you would create a material having the colour you want and paint that onto the wall, or else define the wall's external material ( finish ) to have that property.

BillyGrey
2005-05-19, 02:35 AM
I might even compose a camera view, with color, then use a color picker utility to select a
color in that view for your vanishing dim.

Here's a free cool tool for lots of tricks like that:

http://www.msearchcorp.com/Products/ColorPicker/Index.htm

peace

aliya14
2005-05-19, 05:18 AM
Good day,
I actully want to change the colour of the walls having differet thickness so that i can differentiate it in the plan .....wheni change it thro object styles it takes the change for all the walls...
Is it possible to do this,
Regards,
Aliya.

beegee
2005-05-19, 05:40 AM
I assume for this sort of thing you would be working in coarse view, in which case it's easy to change the solid fill colour of different wall types so that you get a visual indication that they are, infact, different types.