PDA

View Full Version : Spiral Walls

amara
2003-12-26, 08:02 PM
I was trying to do a spiral wall (circular wall with varied elevation) with no luck. The command "edit elevation profile" disappears with circular walls. In ADT this is a simple process by using "edit floor/roof line".
Thank you

dzambaz1763
2003-12-26, 10:29 PM
hi there
Its difficult to judge what shape exactly you want to achieve, but you can draw a circular wall, then define either a ref plane in a elevation view and then attach the top of the wall to the ref. plane... or you can draw a roof and attach the top to it.. depending of what shape you wish to have..
editing the sketch for a curved wall , as far as i know isnt possible as yet

if that doesnt help, please post an example of what you want to do
j

amara
2003-12-29, 09:18 PM
It is difficult to assign a ref plane as the elevation rises along the wall. The attached image is a view of the project which was created in adt3.3 - in a very simple process. I am a new comer to revit and the programe facinates me, but the ability to do custom made items and manipulate the forms really worries me. I really hope revit takes into account many of the advances in other programs, such as adt.

Steve_Stafford
2003-12-29, 09:33 PM
Perhaps an oversimplification of what your bldg is really, but I did the attached in 5 minutes...with a default wall and reference plane for the cylinder and edited the wall profile for the side wall. But an in-place wall family that uses extruded solids and voids could accomplish pretty much anything you want.

Nice building by the way...

Scott D Davis
2003-12-29, 09:49 PM
Amara-

Don't be worried about creating custom objects in Revit. Anything can be done! The modeling techniques in Revit are different than what you may be used to, but once you get the hang of it, you will find that there really is no limitation.