PDA

View Full Version : What is the structural framing solution?

noah
2005-05-18, 01:50 PM
I've been searching through all the threads on beams and I'm wondering if anybody has come up with a solution that works for them (either a stuctural family or other). And if so, would they be willing to share?

Here's what I'm looking for...(or a better solution)

A single beam family for wood, one for plywood I joists, and one for steel I beams.

These families should not automatically snap to the center of a column or wall but instead allow me to drag the ends where ever I want them. Therefore the length and the cut length should be the same.

These beams should have symbolic lines that show up in coarse view and change linestyle based on the girder, joist, etc. parameter. Symbolic lines should be locked to ends of the actual beam (same length so wysiwyg).

I need to schedule these beams (I can add all the parameters that I want to schedule).

Ideally I'd like to use the same beams for roof framing (using the pick workplane feature). However, the symbolic rafter lines need to be cut at the cut plane along with the geometry.

Until now we've been using detail lines for framing plans and that is very Revit. Any thoughts? Thanks!