PDA

View Full Version : what do I need to save when....

Les Therrien
2003-12-28, 05:16 AM
I am getting a new hard drive for my computer soon and my tech. guy says he can transfer all my data from the old to the new, I think I may want to start with fresh installs on the new drive so get rid of any quirks I've been having (not Revit related). My question : is there a file I can copy to put on the new drive so that I do not have to go through the hassle of calling support to get my licensing re-arranged. I am assuming that a re-install on the new hardware would put me over the allowable number of licenses.
(I already have my floating license on my laptop.)

Les

beegee
2003-12-28, 06:29 AM
Hi Les,

I think this is what you need. Its taken from the FAQ site.

Problem:

How to license Revit on a particular computer for users that have existing accounts?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution:

With Revit running follow these steps:
1. Select Help, Update My Account.

2. At the Revit Account Update screen select Enter Your Existing Account Information radio button.

3. Type in the account Email Address and Password.

4. Press next. The computer needs to be connected the internet at this point. Revit will contact the Revit License Server for the contact and billing information that is in the database.

5. The next page is the Contact information. Any of this data including name, email address, and password can be modified at this time Any default userxxx@zzz.com email addresses should be change a valid email address of the person using the account. Make any neccessary changes and press Next.

6. The next page is the Billing information. Any of this data can be modifed at this time.

7. Make sure the Use Revit In: field is set to Subscribe.

8. Press submit. Revit contacts the License Server and if the Contact and Billing information is currently valid a new license is generated and automatically downloaded to the computer.

9. The top of the next page displays the number of days left on the license (this depends on the billing cycle). Press Finish and the licensing process is complete. Revit is ready to run in full Subscription mode.

Les Therrien
2003-12-28, 08:31 PM
Thanks Beegee!