PDA

View Full Version : Split Construction Documents

stuntmonkee
2005-05-19, 03:35 PM
Seeing if any of you have figured out how to do this yet, or have any good pointers.

Working on a subdivision with 3 house plans, but they will all share similar information. Let's just talk details for now.

So I have 3 separate models. And in those models is where the sheets are that pertain strictly to those houses. . .plans, elevations, sections, schedules.

My hang up comes when I'm trying to figure out the best way to be able to reference a single set of details as opposed to inserting the same detail into all 3 sets of drawings.

Anyone have any ideas. I feel like there might be some trick way of doing this, but the best way that I can come up with so far is to manually reference information to an outside set of drawings.

Thanks Stunts

aaronrumple
2005-05-19, 04:10 PM
We do our housing projects all as one file. It is not uncommon for us to have a dozen buildings in one file. It would be nice if there were a better way for coordination.

stuntmonkee
2005-05-19, 04:27 PM
ouch. I haven't tried, but I can see that causing more problems than it fixes. . . .but would like to hear the benifits.