PDA

View Full Version : Print dialog quirk

bowlingbrad
2005-05-19, 04:03 PM
Here I am, starting another thread about my favorite passtime! :wink:

This, I think, is just an FYI.

If you have an 'activated view' on a sheet and open another view and try to print it, you get a greyed out 'current view' and 'visible portion of current view' selection. You only are allowed to print selected sheets.
You have to go back to the sheet view, deactivate the view on that sheet, go to the view you want to print and, voila, no more greyed out selections.

bowlingbrad
2005-05-19, 04:30 PM
My fault. This is not what is happening. I can't figure it out yet, but will follow up when I do.

Sorry,
Brad (I guess I'm being print-sensitive these days. I wish there were an ointment for my condition :wink: )

luigi
2005-05-19, 04:42 PM
Brad, when you select a view from the project browser (not double clicking, just select) you will notice the project brower window highlight...if then you go to print they will be greyed out. When you double click Revit automatically kicks you out from the project browser (not selected anymore)

I hope I just made sense... ;)

bowlingbrad
2005-05-19, 05:05 PM
I can duplicate your issue, Luigi but, this is not what we experienced. I will keep trying... Thanks.

luigi
2005-05-19, 05:34 PM
Since we are on the topic...

If you are editing an inplace family and when you are done editing it, but before you "finish family", you go to a perspective view (I did this tons of times, really!!!) all of a sudden your "Design Bar" will become greyed out and you won't be able to "Finish Family" so you won't be able to continue until then....My intuition would have been to leave the view to a non perspective view, but you don't have to. Just select a view (no need to double click and go to the view) and the "Finish Family" will now be selectable....

Well, if you have never tried to go to a perspective view before finishing family none of this will be worth a dime... ;)