PDA

View Full Version : Edit Text Box

me.76945
2005-05-19, 07:52 PM
Under Setting/Project Information - Element Properties window the Project Address parameter has an Edit... box under value that opens another window titled Edit Text. In this window it allows you to enter multiple line of text for the address. Question... is there a way that you can assign this same value to other parameters that you would like to have multiple line entries?

Thanks for any advice.

Greg

beegee
2005-05-19, 09:40 PM
Greg,

Use Ctrl / Enter to force a new line for information in other fields.

me.76945
2005-05-20, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. While this works, I was hoping to be able to use the Edit Text window that appears in the window that I described. I am trying to set up address fields for other consultants on a title page. Using this Ctrl/Enter method would be too hidden for the other users in the office. The fact that the other lines of text can't be seen in the value field makes it hard to edit.

So can I assume that this Edit... button is unique to the Project Address parameter built into Revit and can not be assigned to user created parameters?

Thanks again for your response.

Greg

beegee
2005-05-20, 10:46 PM
>>So can I assume that this Edit... button is unique to the Project Address parameter built into Revit and can not be assigned to user created parameters?
>>
Yes, that's correct.