PDA

View Full Version : How to show foundation walls without the partition walls?

Jason
2005-05-19, 11:37 PM
Dear Reviteers,

I am working on a basement floor plan which has interior partitions wall, stepped foundation wall, cutouts in the foundation wall etc. I would like to generate a foundation plan that would show only the foundation and footings (anything that is related to foundation). I thought of using phase settings to achieve this but didn't know how to go about it. Is phasing the way to manage this drawing or is there another way of doing this.

Jason

beegee
2005-05-19, 11:56 PM
Designate all the foundation walls as " bearing " and the other walls as " non- bearing " ( correct usage anyway ) and then change the discipline under view properties to " Structural ".

Mike Hardy-Brown
2005-05-20, 06:04 AM
Jason,
When I do a foundation plan, all I do is switch off everything but my foundations in visibility graphics.
Seems to work fine, I also have my foundation level view range set to show footings/foundations.

Jason
2005-05-20, 07:58 AM
Thanks Beegee! That worked just the way I wanted.

Hi Mike,
My basement is within the foundation wall. The basement layout includes furred wall with insulation. It also contains load bearing and non-bearing wood stud walls. What I want to do is to generate a foundation plan to show just the concrete elements so the contractor has accurate and easy to read dimension to layout the formwork. The basement had too much information. Dimensions were getting confusing and it was defeating the its own purpose. Beegee's setup worked perfectly. The foundation plan now shows only the concrete work.

Mike Hardy-Brown
2005-05-20, 08:04 AM
Apologies Jason

That was all I thought you wanted to show.
:)
Thanks Beegee

Jason
2005-05-21, 01:23 AM
Beegee,

For some reason my foundation plan won't display the Building Section annotions that already exist on other floor plans. It is set to be on but it won't display it. However when I draw a new section on it, it shows up. Why is this happening?

Jason

beegee
2005-05-21, 02:07 AM
Hi Jason,

Sections are also discipline dependent.

You'll need to set the properties to Structural and then in other views, set the discipline to Co-ordination, which will show both Architectural and Structural.

narlee
2005-05-21, 12:17 PM
Jason,

You may find the need to utilize worksets for visibility flexibility. Revit system families are difficult to re-categorize and there are many instances when it's just simpler to go the route of worksets, even though it creates another level of complication.

Though it doesn't seem to be on their hotlist, hopefully Revit will work on this.

Geof Narlee.

Jason
2005-05-22, 04:11 PM
Thank you all for your help! You guys are great!

Jason