PDA

View Full Version : Special Paste LT Dwg to Word Doc

rstrittm
2005-05-20, 02:17 PM
New to the forum.

Have a question about pasting a LT drawing in a word document. Using paste special in either picture or AutoCad Lt Drawing Object format produces a gray scale drawing when the document is printed. (Drawing is copied to clipboard then paste special is used to paste the drawing in the word document.)

If Bitmap format is used from paste special, the printed document drawing is dark but fine detail is lost (i.e. text and numbers are not clear and difficult to read).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

tyshofner
2005-05-20, 02:55 PM
What version of LT are you using? In LT 2005 there are a few commands that could help, they are:

WMFOUT --Creates a Windows Metafile

JPGOUT --Creates a Jpeg image

TIFOUT --Creates a Tif image

All of these can then be imported into word. Take note of the color of your "background" in AutoCAD as the image created will have that color in it, i.e. if your background color is black and you create an image then the image will have a black background, I work in a black background but when I need to export an image I will usually set the background to "white", then export the image.

Ty :mrgreen:

rstrittm
2005-05-20, 03:42 PM
I have LT2004

I need the detail of the Picture/AutoCad Lt DWG Object paste and the darkness of the Bitmap paste – if that makes sense.

If upgrading will help, I will do that.

Thanks for the reply

tyshofner
2005-05-20, 03:56 PM
I'm not sure if LT 2004 has JPGOUT, or TIFOUT but you should be able to use WMFOUT. Just enter any of these commands on the command line and it will export an image file for you.

Ty :mrgreen:

Mike.Perry
2005-05-20, 11:15 PM
Hi

Have a browse of the following thread -

Want your .DWG to be a .JPG file? (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=16654)

+

Maybe search (http://forums.augi.com/search.php?) the forums for information on embedding a DWF file into a Microsoft Office Application...

Have a good one, Mike

rstrittm
2005-05-21, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Got the best results by plotting to “Publish To Web PNG.pc3” set the properties to 1600x1280 Pixels. Also make sure the plot scale is set to a value that will fill the page during “Full Preview”.

Sent plot to file then inserted the file as a picture in the word document.

Bob