PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Format Question:

SCShell
2005-05-21, 02:02 PM
Hey there,

I know that I ran across this a long time ago; however, suddently I have forgotten everything I learned. (I hate when that happens!)

How do you place some of the fields of a schedule under a main header name? (ie, a room finish schedule with a main header labeled "Walls" and below it, grouped under it, the sub-header fields labeled, North, South, East and West.) I also could have used this for a door schedule with materials & types/sizes under a "Frame" heading.

I can't seem to find it anywhere in the help files or tutorials/books.
Thanks in advance
Steve

Mike Hardy-Brown
2005-05-21, 02:13 PM
Hi SCShell

In the help files, schedules, column headings,groupings is the following:

After you create your schedule, you may want to change its organization and structure by grouping columns. AutodeskĀ® RevitĀ® makes it possible to create several layers of headings and subheadings to provide more detail in your schedule.

Open a schedule view. If necessary, create the schedule. See Schedules and Key Schedules,In the group header rows, select the headings you wish to group. Be sure the pointer appears as an arrowhead as you select the headings.

Selected group headings from a room schedule
On the Toolbar, click Group or right-click and choose Group Headers from the pop-up menu. A new heading row appears above the grouped column headings.

Text in the new heading row is justified center.

TIP: If you wish to delete the new Column Heading row, click the cell and click Ungroup, or right-click in the cell and choose Ungroup Headers.
Hope that is what you were looking for????

SCShell
2005-05-21, 02:31 PM
Thanks Mike,

That was it exactly! I knew I saw it somewhere.
You gotta love AUGI!!!!!!

Thanks again
Steve

Edit: You can call me Steve

Mike Hardy-Brown
2005-05-21, 02:33 PM
Glad to be of assistance:)

brakware
2006-11-22, 11:08 PM
I have a question as a further complexity to the original question...

Is there any way to make that group heading appear on the schedule sheet vertical? I am doing a schedule right now where I want to have two small column headers, with small sized data, grouped under a long group title. If I can't turn the group title vertical, I will never be able to fit my schedule on a sheet.

Any suggestions?

Michelle Gibson
2006-11-23, 01:29 PM
I posted a lot of questions on schedules and managed to figure stuff out. Here is a link to the last post I did, in which we shared our schedule.rvt for anyone to use. Hope that is of use - it's been too long since I created it to remember the tricks and tips!

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=28348