PDA

View Full Version : shifting columns

patricks
2005-05-23, 05:15 PM
I have some steel columns in a project that are doing some wierd shifting that I can't seem to figure out. I changed the top offset on one row of columns, and when I hit OK every column on that line shifted down by some random amount, like 7 37/256 inches. So then I had to pick them all and move them back to where they were supposed to be.

And other times I might pick the mid-point of a column, and then snap to the spot where I want to put it, but it will be off-center when it's placed, so then I have to pick the mid-point again and move it a 2nd time to the correct location. What is going on here?

Chris DiSunno
2005-05-23, 07:16 PM
Someone else had this problem a few weeks ago.
If I remember correctly it was a conflict in the new version of the program. They went into the family and saved it as version 8 and it worked properly again.

Chris

J. Grouchy
2005-05-23, 07:50 PM
I have some steel columns in a project that are doing some wierd shifting that I can't seem to figure out. I changed the top offset on one row of columns, and when I hit OK every column on that line shifted down by some random amount, like 7 37/256 inches. So then I had to pick them all and move them back to where they were supposed to be.

And other times I might pick the mid-point of a column, and then snap to the spot where I want to put it, but it will be off-center when it's placed, so then I have to pick the mid-point again and move it a 2nd time to the correct location. What is going on here?

I know I had that problem...so I just quit using the structural columns unless I wanted them to show up in other views and started using the detail components. Maybe I'll try them again in 8.

patricks
2005-05-23, 08:01 PM
Well this is still version 7...

I use structural columns instead of only detail components because I want them to show correctly in my building sections and things like that.