PDA

View Full Version : Drinking Fountain - Wall Mounted

hdjohnson
2003-12-30, 04:59 PM
Does anyone have a wall mounted drinking fountain (ADA barrier free) they would like to share? I tried to download one from Revitcity, but I get a file not found error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Allen Lacy
2003-12-30, 05:23 PM
There are a couple (high/low or single) here (http://revit.autodesk.com/library/html/index.html) under Plumbing

Scott D Davis
2003-12-30, 05:26 PM
How about this one? Hi-lo ADA wall mounted refrigerated:

hdjohnson
2003-12-30, 06:53 PM
Thank you. Those will work!

hj
2003-12-30, 07:17 PM
could you tell me which file it was that you tried to download at revitcity??

thanks,

hdjohnson
2003-12-31, 05:08 PM
could you tell me which file it was that you tried to download at revitcity??

thanks,

Here is the error I got: "The requested URL /families/drinking_fountain_-_wall_mounted_357.rfa was not found on this server."

hj
2004-01-06, 04:39 AM
Scott,

mind if I put that drinking fountain family on Revitcity?

Scott D Davis
2004-01-07, 04:26 AM
hj,

sure go ahead and add it to RC. I got it from Rugi, or somewhere?? I can't remember.

jason.combs
2008-09-03, 06:29 PM
Scott, et al,

Is there an efficient way to take this wall-hosted family and turn it into a face-hosted family to be used in Revit MEP with a linked project?

Regards,

aaronrumple
2008-09-03, 07:07 PM
Scott, et al,

Is there an efficient way to take this wall-hosted family and turn it into a face-hosted family to be used in Revit MEP with a linked project?

Regards,

I suggest that all hosted families first be made as non-hosted families and then nested into the correct family type. This adds a lot of flexibility to your library.

Open a generic family template and change it to a plumbing fixture under Settings > Family Category and Parameters. Copy and paste the geomety into this new template. Align and add parameters as needed. Then load into the hosted family templat. Now place the component. It will now be much simpler to move around and get associated with the correct plane. (Watch orientation for differences between ceiling, wall etc...)

If you make it a shared family, you'll be able to have several different families that all schedule the same - regardless of the host.

jason.combs
2008-09-04, 01:35 PM
Aaron, thanks for the great tip.

I have since adjusted the family and have nested it into a face-hosted family. However, the nested placement is 90 degrees to the face in the host family.

How do I fix this? Do I need to develop the nested family on a different plane?

Regards,

ron.sanpedro
2008-09-04, 05:38 PM
Here is a pretty one I like.

Gordon