PDA

View Full Version : Very screwed up roofs

patricks
2005-05-24, 06:15 PM
I have a metal roof drawn with a cutoff defined, and then another roof of the same type on top of that, in order to have gable openings at the ends of the upper roof. Both roofs are the same type, and both have the same slope (4:12), but when I look at it in section, both the core and finish layer of the lower roof is just a touch thicker than the core and finish layer of the upper roof. These pics show it, notice both roofs are selected in the first pic and the roof type name shows in the type pull down box in the upper left. How could this possibly happen?

sbrown
2005-05-24, 06:31 PM
Wow, what build are you using. I found this bug way back in release 3 or 4. I haven't seen it since. I assumed it was fixed. If I remember right, any roof with a cutoff level the thickness got messed up(I thought it was more drastic than your example). As a workaround, don't use the cutoff level, just edit the sketch and draw an inner set of lines to define the end of the roof, or use a void. You'd better send this in as it looks like it wasn't actually fixed.

patricks
2005-05-24, 11:00 PM
This is Revit 7.