PDA

View Full Version : resetting variables

tmorrow91
2005-05-24, 06:22 PM
I have had a reaccurring problem in the past and recently.I am not exactly sure how to fix it or why it happens. I was booted out of a sheet manager command because I skipped a step.The results afterwards were: 1) When picking an object it would not tell me what layer it was on. (2)when picking an object and right clicking, only cut-paste commands were present when I use to have a whole slew of options (3) my LMAN command would not come up as a window, the options would come up at the command prompt(which I learned to fix by changing CMDDIA to 1)
The only solution I found to putting things back to normal is to reinstall 2004 Civil which does not impress me to much as an answer.

Does anyone have another suggestion or has something similiar happened.

MHultgren
2005-05-24, 11:02 PM
Well, since you apparently have Express, go to Express - Tools - System Variable Editor and save your settings to a file on the server. Then the next time you need to restore them, Read them in from that file. I personally don't use the Express LMAN anymore. It makes it impossible to do a refedit if there is a saved LMAN layer state. I prefer to use the Standard Layer Manager States now. Although I do clean them out once in a while as LDT and ADT tend to build way too many on thier own. Plus, You can create one for Non-xreffed layers by putting ~*|* in the filter that actually works.