PDA

View Full Version : Brick coursing allignment

Alek Sutulov
2003-12-30, 10:38 PM
I am having problem alligning curved wall brick courses with straight wall. Curved wall brick pattern won't highlight.
Any ideas?

Steve_Stafford
2003-12-31, 12:17 AM
Did you try from a 3d view? That worked for me...

Alek Sutulov
2003-12-31, 02:58 PM
Doesn't work either.

bclarch
2003-12-31, 06:03 PM
I don't know if this will work but you might try a crossing selection then using the filter to remove other items and leave the surface pattern.

Alek Sutulov
2003-12-31, 06:37 PM
Can't be done because allign command expects single "pick" only. Tried also joining straight and curved wall segments in order to allign them together but they can't be joined either.

Steve_Stafford
2003-12-31, 09:55 PM
Did you try "tabbing" until Revit offers you the pattern line to use as the align selection?

Alek Sutulov
2003-12-31, 11:15 PM
Yes, when tabbing I'm getting error message (audio)

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-01, 12:08 AM
Of course you knew this response would be....can you post an image or screen capture? :wink:

Alek Sutulov
2004-01-01, 04:03 PM
Little background. It is an existing building to be expanded and I am working from "as built" drawings. Brick cladding is the part of vertically compound walls which has concrete base for first 11'.
I've just gone through curved wall allignment tutorial and it woked fine, but that wall wasn't vertically compound.

Alek Sutulov
2004-01-01, 04:06 PM
p.s. to the previous message.

I want to start with a full brick course at concrete base.

adegnan
2004-01-01, 06:03 PM
Maybe someone at Revit can clue us all in a little more. What is the origin of these patterns? I'm constantly having to align brick patterns around corners and on two walls that are parallell to each other where the wall steps back, for instance, four feet. What is the secret to having the courses align with each other? Does it have to do with the base level of the wall?

Thanks!

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-01, 06:45 PM
Is the material using the model pattern rather than drafting? It should use the model version.

I believe to get the behavior you are hoping for you might need to create a wall for the concrete and a separate wall for the brick. Constrain the brick wall to a level and as long as each related wall uses a bottom offset value that is "on coursing" it should automatically align. Actually if the wall uses the same level as the base constraint you can use an offset that isn't on coursing and just the bottom course will get "sliced".

Couple images of what I tried:

Alek Sutulov
2004-01-01, 07:12 PM
As I said, it's existing building and I'm working from as built measurments. Masons can obviusly compensate for inaccuracies whereas computers aren't supposed to.
Pattern used is stock, model.
Thanks Steve