PDA

View Full Version : Copy - Paste with no luck

bowlingbrad
2005-05-24, 08:30 PM
I have a project where I created the site and terrace in a separate file. I did this because I was learning the process and didn't want to screw up the main project file. Now that I have it the way I need it, I can't seem to cut/paste into the main project. I have tried just the topo, just the in-place family to no avail.

The site model has topo surfaces, floors for sidewalks, monolithic stairs, in-place wall families and railings. Any suggestions welcome. I really don't want to do this all over again in the main project. :neutral:

lev.lipkin
2005-05-24, 08:40 PM
Consider linking site project file to project file.

Scott D Davis
2005-05-24, 09:03 PM
First, try linking, that's probably the best way, otherwise have you tried making the site a group? make the whole thing a group, go to File>Save to Library>Save Group and give it a name, then open the building and go to File>Load From Library>Load Group. Not sure if it will work....

bowlingbrad
2005-05-24, 10:48 PM
Great minds, Scott... No luck on the group thing. I guess I'll link. Is there any things I need to be aware of when linking? How does the whole workset thing work with linked files?