PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling sketches preventing walls from moving

leediggle
2005-05-25, 11:43 AM
Has any one else had problems with little bu**ers?

They seam to work really well at some points and at others they can bring the whole project grinding to a halt.

I have experiences where I have created a (reflected) ceiling plan and at a later stage needed to move a wall only for the blasted ceiling plan to prevent me from doing this!!!

It is really annoying and the only way around it I have found is to:

1) Delete the ceiling (not preferred as you then have to put it back in and this could be time consuming on large project with specific ceiling types and levels, i.e. a school)

2) Find out which ceiling it is using the "show" button when error occurs, cancel what you're doing and edit that ceiling and move its boundary lines away from the walls. It saves deleting the ceiling and then trying to put it back in the right place and right type.

Is this a bug/error? Has it been resolved? Why do ceiling do it!!!! Arrrggghhh

aaronrumple
2005-05-25, 11:55 AM
Don't delete the ceiling. Use cut to move it to the clipboard.. Move your walls. Then use paste/same place to put the ceiling back in. This will break the reference between the wall and ceiling. You can then edit the ceiling to adust the edge that could not automatically be adjusted.

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-05-25, 12:00 PM
Thanks for that one Aaron!!!. Battling with similar issue!