PDA

View Full Version : Attach structural columns to toposurface

florin_balcu
2005-05-25, 12:20 PM
Hi,

Is it possible to extend the base of the structural columns to be attached to the toposurface?

Thank you,

Florin

luigi
2005-05-25, 01:45 PM
No, you will have to figure out the size....you could make a column to be a "Site" component then you could attach it to the site, but you have to convert the column to make sure it flexes properly...probably not worth it.

Andre Baros
2005-05-25, 01:51 PM
I think you can also nest the column into a site element. I've created exterior light fixtures by nesting regular lights into a site element which work great. In the site element, create something akin to a footing or pilling, then insert your column on top of that. You may have to also associate some properties to have it flex properly.

luigi
2005-05-25, 01:58 PM
Are you saying that this nested element will be hosted by the topography? If that is true it will be very cool

I think you can also nest the column into a site element. I've created exterior light fixtures by nesting regular lights into a site element which work great. In the site element, create something akin to a footing or pilling, then insert your column on top of that. You may have to also associate some properties to have it flex properly.

beegee
2005-05-26, 12:28 AM
Yes, it is cool.

You can just nest the column - no need for any other footing etc.

Andre Baros
2005-05-26, 02:11 AM
I've been using nesting to create assemblies lately. Makes life easier if the column and the footing are always moving together, and the column always starts at grade, and the footing always just below, etc. but no, technically, you don't have to.