PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Wall

David Sammons
2004-01-01, 02:50 PM
My walls appear as shaded or half-tone lines in the floor plan view and they are not visible at all in the section view. I believe I may have inadvertently hidden these walls with the hide/isolate command but I am not sure how to make them appear again in the section view. I tried view properties and visibility/graphics.

Can anyone help?

Dave S.

LRaiz
2004-01-01, 03:30 PM
Hide/Isolate is session specific. It is unlikely that it is a source of the problem. More likely scenario that your section is not deep enouth and thus a wall in question is clipped off.

aggockel50321
2004-01-01, 03:33 PM
Sounds like a phasing mismatch between views.
In the plan view, highlight the walls in question, go to properties, & check what phase they were created in.

Open view properties for the views in question, & see if the view phase supports having the walls show.

David Sammons
2004-01-01, 03:50 PM
I also thought it may be a phase mismatch but the phase is set at 'New Construction' for all views and I still can not view the walls in section.

I also checked the extents of the section and the extents incorporate the wall I want to view in section. I closed and reopened my session in an attempt to reset the hide/isolate command in case this was the problem and I still can not view the walls in section.

I do not ever remember the wall appearing as shaded or half-tone walls.

David Sammons
2004-01-01, 04:28 PM
I just figured out the problem...IT'S ME. :oops: :oops:

I selected 'Structural' for discipline in the wall properties dialog box and the wall 'Structural Usage' is set at 'Non-bearing'. After setting the'Structural Usage' to 'Bearing', I can now see the walls in section.

A rookie mistake I suppose.

The intelligence built into this program is incredible!

Thanks for your quick feedback guys.

Dave S.

slb
2004-01-01, 04:31 PM
The issue could lie somewhere in the wall's type properties...

If the wall is being cut, look at the wall's "Course Scale Fill Pattern" (and/or "Color").

If the wall is not being cut, look at the wall's material to see if a relatively dense fill pattern is being applied to the wall's surface. Often times a wall viewed from a distance with a dense fill pattern will appear gray or half tone.